Institute of Applied Linguistics Library - Rules and Regulations
I. General rules
- The Library of the Institute of Applied Linguistics is a scholarly library whose collections are available for use by anyone, with the reservation that readers with no affiliation to the University of Warsaw can use the resources exclusively in the reading room.
- The reader is fully responsible for the Library materials used. In the case of damage to an item or its loss, the reader must replace it with a copy of the lost publication or cover the costs of restoration. Alternative ways of meeting reader obligations toward the Library may be determined by the Head of the Library.
- The Library decides which publications are to be used exclusively within its premises.
II. Reading room regulations
- The readers must:
- leave their outdoor clothing in the cloakroom
- not eat or drink
- remain quiet.
- The reader can freely access the dictionaries, companions and encyclopaedias, which must be placed back on the shelves after use.
- Books from the closed and open stacks, as well as scientific magazines must be ordered with the librarian on duty in the reading room. Book or magazine particulars (author, title, section) must be provided for this purpose. Up to 10 books may be ordered to the reading room at one time.
- In order to take any Library items outside the area of the reading room, the reader must leave a student ID or other valid document.
- PhD dissertations, Master's theses, dictionaries and encyclopaedias may not be copied or taken home.
- Books from the open stacks may be taken for overnight use only, i.e. shortly before the reading room closes, and are to be returned by 10 a.m. the next day.
III. Lending Library regulations
- Books may be borrowed by persons enrolled in the University of Warsaw Library (56/66 Dobra Street). Readers can enroll in person or by electronic means.
An account created at the University of Warsaw Library becomes our Library account automatically, with the reservation that the two libraries have different book loan limits.
- Personal details can be changed at a later date directly at the Library of the Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- Books can be ordered electronically (via your reader account), by e-mail or directly at the Lending Library.
- Five different items can be borrowed from a given account for a period of 30 days (or less in some special cases).
THE LIBRARY CHARGES A FINE OF PLN 0.50 PER DAY FOR EACH OVERDUE ITEM. IN THE CASE OF OVERNIGHT READING ROOM LOANS, LATE RETURNS (BEYOND 10 A.M.) WILL BE TREATED AS OVERDUE LOANS, FOR WHICH A 1-DAY FINE EQUIVALENT WILL BE CHARGED.
- Students who graduate during a given academic year, as well as employees and PhD students leaving the Institute must settle all of their obligations with the Library.
- To prolong the due date of the loan, contact the library personally, by e-mail, via your personal account or by phone.
Punitive measures, blocking future loans included, will be applied in the case of a violation of these regulations.