Admission schedule for the current academic year is always available in Polish on our website and in the IRK!
Below you can find the general timeframe and information concerning the admissions:
- Registration via the internet registration system for candidates (IRK) is open each year from early June to early September.
- Written test in translation in language B takes place in early September and the results are announced shortly after the test.
- The successful applicants should submit documents in the Secretariat for Student Affairs promptly after the results are announced. Full list of required documents is available here.
- A test qualifying for the interpreting section takes place shortly after the documents submission deadline, and the results are announced on the following day.
Please consult the detailed schedule for the current academic year, which is always available in Polish on our website and in the IRK!
The admission procedures are carried out through the University’s Internet Registration System (IRK):
Details concerning the admission procedure can be found in IRK (Internet Registration System):
- admission procedures for candidates with Polish diplomas (both the Institute of Applied Linguistics graduates and graduates of other faculties and universities),
- admission procedures for candidates with foreign diplomas,
- deadlines for the submission of documents and other detailed requirements.
Each candidate chooses a major area of study – translation or teaching and translation, whereas individuals who do not possess certification to teach two foreign languages may only choose a major in translation. The opportunity to complete programme content in case of differences in pedagogical certification standards will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis (list of programme differences – PDF file).
Graduates of the translation major receive a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, in the area of the two languages selected (B and C), whereas graduates of the teaching and translation major receive a Master’s degree in the area of the two languages selected (B and C) AND certification to teach these languages in all educational institutions.
Please, read the information in IRK carefully. Data in the IRK were approved by the Resolution of the Senate of the University of Warsaw.