- Prof Agnieszka Szarkowska, Head of AVT Lab
- Dr Gian Maria Greco, NAWA Research Fellow
- Łukasz Dutka
- Monika Szczygielska
- Gabriela Flis
- Eye-tracking research on the subtitle reading process
- Research on the quality of audiovisual translation
- Reception studies of different types of audiovisual translation
- Studies on subtitling for the deaf and the hard of hearing
- Live subtitling research
Current research projects:
WATCH ME. Watching Viewers Watch Subtitled Videos. Audiovisual and linguistic factors in subtitle processing
The project is funded by the National Science Centre Poland (NCN) as part of the OPUS 19 Programme under grant agreement no. UMO-2020/37/B/HS2/00304, 2021-2024, amount of funding: PLN 1,036,338.
MASQ – Multidimensional Assessment of Subtitling Quality
The project is funded by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) as part of the Ulam Programme 2020 under grant agreement no. PPN/ULM/2020/1/00283/U/00001, 2021-2023, amount of funding: PLN 247,000.
Polish dubbing in the eyes of the viewers – eyetracking research on the quality of movies and viewers’ preferences
The project is funded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education as part of the Diamond Grant Programme under grant agreement no. 0011/DIA/2020/49, amount of funding: PLN 180,000. The goal of the project is to study the quality of dubbing in Poland and viewers’ preferences.