- Position: Associate Professor
- Department: Discourse Studies
- Room: 1.047
- Telephone: +48 22 55 26069
- E-mail: t.konik(at)uw.edu.pl
- Duty hours: Tuesday 13:15-14:00 (excluding weeks with Faculty Council meetings), Thursday 11.30-12.30 (excluding weeks when there are no classes)
- Ph.D. in Humanities [English linguistics], University of Warsaw, 1992
- discourse analysis (esp.: forecasting discourse, selected forms of specialist and press discourse),
- pragmatics, rhetoric, stylistics (esp. of written texts in English and Polish),
- contrastive grammar, pedagogical grammar, descriptive grammar of English,
- translation of specialist and quasi-specialist texts.
- MA seminars in discourse analysis, pragmatics, rhetoric and stylistics of written texts in English,
- tutorials and lectures in descriptive grammar of English,
- tutorials in contrastive grammar,
- class in translation of press and quasi-specialist texts,
- practical English grammar classes.