- Position: University Professor
- Department: Interpreting Studies and Audiovisual Translation
- Room: 00.092
- E-mail: a.szarkowska(at)uw.edu.pl
- Duty hours: Tuesday 11:30-12:15, 13:15-14:00 (except weeks with Institute Council or Faculty Council meetings)
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-0048-993X
Agnieszka Szarkowska is Head of AVT Lab, one of the first research groups on audiovisual translation. Agnieszka is a researcher, academic teacher, ex-translator, and translator trainer. Her research projects include eye tracking studies on subtitling, audio description, multilingualism in subtitling for the deaf and the hard of hearing, and respeaking. Agnieszka is the Vice-President of the European Association for Studies in Screen Translation (ESIST), a member of European Society for Translation Studies (EST), Galician Observatory for Media Accessibility (GALMA), Intermedia Research Group, AKCES expert group and an honorary member of the Polish Audiovisual Translators Association (STAW).